* Bachelors Degree in Biology, Tuskegee University
* Juris Doctorate, University of Arkansas-Fayetteville
* Legal Masters in Agricultural law, University of Arkansas- Fayetteville
Why Bees Are Dropping Like Flies? The US and EU Struggle to Find the Right Regulatory Approach, ABA Section Environmental, Energy and Resources, Agricultural Management Newsletter (Summer 2013 Edition)
Piling it On Thick: An Overview of Arkansas Poultry Litter Regulation Drake Journal of Agricultural Law (2006)
Ms. Hishaw’s has nearly a decade of local, state, federal, legal, and non-profit experience in relation to land protection, estate planning and her legal expertise is documented in her numerous law review and American Bar Association articles.
Ms. Hishaw has worked in the Midwest, Northeast and Southeast regions on federal cases related to environmental, agriculture, land protection, non-profit, business and real estate matters. Other past employment capacities includes the following positions: Environmental Planner for Mid-America Regional Council in Kansas City, MO, Program Manager for the Missouri Department of Conservation and Agricultural Adjunct Professor for the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
In law school, Ms. Hishaw was a student attorney in the Bankruptcy Clinic and currently works with licensed attorneys in the Southeast to provide estate and financial planning services to small farmers and landowners in the Southeast. Ms. Hishaw has been a member of the Wyoming bar since 2008. Ms. Hishaw was admitted to the US District Court for the District of Wyoming in 2014.
She is the former board member of several environmental and land protection organizations to include:
- 2012-2013 Professional Agricultural Workers Journal Edit. Board
- 2009-2013 Ozark Regional Land Trust - Board Member
- 2007-2010 Missouri Coordinator for River of Words
- 2009-2010 Little Blue River Watershed Coalition- Board Member
- 2007-2009 Treasurer, Young Professional for Int’l Cooperation-United Nations, Kansas City Chapter
Ms. Jillian Hishaw was appointed to the Board of Governors of National Association of Nonprofit Organizations & Executives (NANOE)
Emeryville, California - 10/1/2017 – Clif Bar Co. designated Ms. Hishaw as a "Food Industry Changemaker", special thanks to the Clif Bar Family for the honor.